Better support for international addresses

From reading the logs for my mapping site, I noticed that the application was blowing for many addresses outside the United States. I did a little more research, and discovered that the bug was in handling some special characters, like “ø, á, í, é, È, ž, ù, ý”.

As a test case, I created a map of points from around the world that I found in the logs. Each of these queries caused an error.


It turns out the fix was very simple; I just needed to set the code up to be able to parse these characters. Now, the queries in my test case all work, so I think we should be all set. Of course, please let me know if you have any problems, either in the comments for this post, or via email.

This entry was posted in and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.